Beaux Avery singing with Everclear

Quote of the Week

“...been a long time since I Rock'n'Rolled...” - ME


Slashdot

SNL Video

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Self Esteem


You know, as a father of a little girl, I have spent more than a little time considering the implications of the social perception of beauty on my daughter. Quite frankly, it scares the crap out of me. How do you combat a world of misdirection and bullshit? I am not exactly sure, but I am betting I will have a lot of use for the video I have linked to below. Dove soap has started a campaign against this exact issue. I urge you to take a few minutes to watch. It is not something we did not know, but it is something that my young daughter NEEDS to know. Behold: a digitally enhanced and fantastically beautiful America.

Campaign For Real Beauty

1 comment:

Christopher Bennage said...

I stumbled across this a couple of days ago and I agree with you.